[IRCNews] USS Indianapolis "Museum Ships On the Air" event Invite

Ken Bandy, KJ9B kj9b at arrl.net
Mon May 30 07:44:21 CDT 2011

>From Chuck Crist, W9IH:

Hello all;

Once again to HONOR the USS Indianapolis Ship, Her Crew, as we participate
in the
World Wide Museum ships On the Air  event.

Operators needed!   2011  WW2IND OPS

this is an Invite to Participate in the Indiana War Memorial; USS Indy Radio
(Ham)
operations during the Musuem ships Event 2011.

Dates: June 3rd,4th & 5th (fri_Sat_Sun)

Note: June 3rd fri nite will be CW Priority Nite , honoring Mike
Koss-W9SU(SK). He enjoyed
working CW for the ships event....(1st priority for ops)

Times;
8pm June 3rd to 8PM june 5th ( 48 hours) On the Air from the IWM Museum
radio room.See the WebSite for Sked times;
www.USSIndyRadio.org/ussindyopssked-i2011.htm

Location is the Indiana War Memorial Musuem 431 N Meridian st. (use the
North doors)
Might want to call me ahead to make sure we are on the air
 450-8485 cp Chuck or 146.52 fm simplex

Sometimes we shut down if the band conditions are poor or for WX
(Lightning!!!)

What to bring:
Yourself !
we will have all the gear to operate with except your headset &/or CW key or
paddle?
Ham station setup: Includes 3 complete HF stations for operating this event.

When:
Its up to you ...try to get at least 2 hours of radio time...there will be a
conversation area for
visiting  with other hams too!

The Ops sked is posted on our web bage for some ideas on ops times & More
Info>
www.USSIndyRadio.org\ussindyopssked-i2011.htm

Come join in the fun , Get some HF operation time . I'll have experienced
ops there to get you started too!.

hope to see you then
73 Chuck-W9IH