[IRCNews] New W9JP Field Day Page on Facebook

Brian D. Smith bdsmith at indy.net
Mon Jun 20 14:11:50 CDT 2016

Greetings, all --

Just wanted to let everyone know that this year’s Field Day rules include a new 100-point bonus for using social media to promote our site.

We’ve already got that covered! Over the weekend I put together “The W9JP Field Day Page” on Facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/w9jpfieldday/

It’s still a work in progress, but feel free to check it out and include the link if you happen to mention our 2016 Field Day operation to any prospective operators, visitors or media representatives in an e-mail.

In the meantime, let’s sign up for those open operating slots. We were 7th in the nation in Class 3A (out of 286) last year – a few hundred additional points this year could push us even higher!

73,
Brian, W9IND

P.S. Even if you don’t have much operating time this weekend, we can score big bonus points by getting kids (18 and under) to make at least one contact at our GOTA station. Unlicensed newcomers can also help us, especially if they make 20 contacts. So if you have a chance to bring any kids or unlicensed visitors to Camp Belzer between 2 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, even for a short time, it could really enhance our final score.