[IRCNews] FW: 443.25 Info

Ken Bandy, KJ9B ken.kj9b at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 09:24:28 CST 2017

Below is information received from Rick, KM9E regarding the 443.25 repeater:

Attn Indy Ham Radio Operators: 443.25 Repeater update .... The repeater was
pulled down about two weeks ago for a total system overhaul. The CAT-1000 is
being replaced with the CAT-800 repeater controller. The Doug Hall RBI-1 is
being replaced with the RLS-1000 remote base controller which will give us
the potential of four remote bases. Current plans are to place one analog
remote base on 146.16/.76 for severe weather net operation. There will be a
remote base placed on a analog UHF repeater frequency yet to be determined.
Future plans are to place into operation one DMR remote base & one Fusion
Digital remote base. The entire repeater cabinet is being cleaned up & all
wiring is being redone. Please be patient, as this project is on my time &
my billfold. My timeline is to complete it and have it back on the air the
by the second week of December. One of the major benefits of the new
controller is that we no longer require a phone line, We will be using a 4G
LTE Home MiFi for internet control of the unit. As everyone five years or
older has a cellphone, there is no further need for a phone patch on the
system. I am currently working on a potential southside remote receiver & am
seeking help to locate a downtown site for the fourth voted receiver.
Lastly, once the system is back up and running properly, we will place the
Echolink node back on the system. Once again, thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions or constructive suggestions, please feel free to
contact me at 317-508-0934. Rick, KM9E