[IRCNews] The first of numerous changes...

David Spoelstra davids at mediamachine.com
Thu Jul 19 00:51:40 CDT 2018

First off, thank you to those who have filled out the survey. Your feedback
will be used by the club officers to make changes this coming year. If you
haven't filled in the survey, please do so ASAP. It's your anonymous voice
to the club officers. Here's the link:
https://tinyurl.com/y94dtmzk

Second, there were a lot of complaints about the sound in our normal
meeting room. I agree with you all, but our relationship with Ivy Tech is a
little tenuous because we have almost no students and we have no other
location to hold meetings so I didn't want to push the issue very hard.

However, I'm now working with Ivy Tech to push the student club harder so I
decided to try for another room.

I'm happy to announce that they have agreed to let us use one of their
"premium" conference rooms in the new building! They normally charge
$300/hr for non-student groups to use these rooms.

So all our meetings this coming year will be in IFC 102 except for the
October meeting which will be back in NMC 438 since the room was previously
booked.

On the flip side, I'm going to be looking for volunteers to elmer students.
A number of you wrote in the survey that we needed to focus on young
people, so here's your chance.

Here's a map of where the buildings are:

[image: downtown-indianapolis-map2.png]

-David, N9KT