[IRCNews] W9IMS 2018 Special Event Season (Please Read)

william kennedy wy9t at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 22:03:53 CDT 2018

Hey Everyone,
A quick note to let you know there's a lot of planning going on to get getting ready for the 2018 special event season. This will be W9IMS's 14th year, making it our 15th season on the air.
A few things.
As of today, we're 8 weeks out from our first special event, the IndyCar Grand Prix. One thing about the Grand Prix, that race is run on a Saturday, and throughout the years, all our other races have been on a Sunday. So, because it's a Saturday race, we'll begin the Grand Prix special event on Sunday, May 6 and run for 7 days through Saturday, May 12.

Our special events are a full 7 days long and all stations will be available 24/7 around the clock. That's 3 stations, X 24 hours, X 7 days = 504 hours of potential operations (which is a boatload of hours). But as before, our on the air bread and butter hours are from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the afternoon and evening. Please be generous during sign up.
The 2018 kickoff meeting will be held at the Castleton MCL Cafeteria on Saturday, April 28. The meeting will start at 6 p.m. We have the room for free but they ask that we go through the line and get something to eat.
More to come soon.
73 for now.
Bill, WY9T