[IRCNews] Please support our new Ivy Tech student hams!

John Gurnsey johng1304 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 12:41:47 CDT 2019

OK..Thanks.    On Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 2:03:35 PM UTC, Jimmy Merry Jr <inarrl.sm.kc9rpx at gmail.com> wrote:

 Dave
How many radio's will you need for your project, I have a couple of contacts that I will be phoning.
Jimmy

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 7:52 PM David Spoelstra <davids at mediamachine.com> wrote:

First off, an introduction. Here are our newly licensed hams in the Ivy Tech ham shack. We've already had several of them on the air and one made a 10m SSB contact.

They are from left to right:KD9MVK Quinton RitterKD9MVN Augustine Busch
KD9MVJ Jahrael ShabzultvornKD9MVM Karla Jimenez-Vasquez
KD9MVL Austin Owensand we have two more that are taking the exam this or next month.
In the last survey I sent out, everyone wanted to support and get new hams into the hobby. Jim K9RU and I have been spending countless hours doing just that.
Now it's your chance to help with that goal. As you know, band conditions are horrible and Techs only have SSB on 10m. So I want to get them on 2m, 220, & 440 as soon as possible.
To accomplish that goal, I would like to purchase an HT for each student. Here's where you come in. I need donations!
I want to purchase UV-5X3 tri-banders. They are $60 each. We will have seven licensed students in the next few months so I'll need $420. If I can't reach that goal, I'll drop back to UV-5Rs.
All money will go toward purchasing HTs for the students. If I get more than I need, I'll use it for the next crop of students in the Fall 2019 semester. Remember, this is our student club we support and the reason we get to meet at Ivy Tech.
Please give anything you can. Please make checks out to "David Spoelstra".
I won't be at the meeting this Friday, but you can give the money/checks to Jim K9RU. If you want to mail donations to me, my address is:David Spoelstra3630 E 71st STIndianapolis, IN  46220
Thanks!-David, N9KTW9IVY Faculty Advisor and President of IRC and HDXCC

--

Indiana ARRL Section Manager
www.inarrl.orgE-mail: inarrl.sm.kc9rpx at gmail.com