[IRCNews] Special Event Tuesday

Dave Gingrich Dave at dcg.us
Sun Dec 29 11:31:44 CST 2019

It is once again time for the annual IRLP New Years Eve Around the World QSO party.  This will be carried primarily on the 443.425 (DCS 043) Repeater locally. The event officially begins at 0530 local time Tuesday morning continuing for 24 hours. IRLP repeaters in New Zealand go in to 2020 at 06:00 Tuesday morning local time. Following around the world until the last repeaters in Hawaii join the new year at 05:00 Wednesday.

Even if you are not a regular user of the IRLP repeaters, you are invited to join us for the party.  Program your radio for 443.425 +5 MHz offset, transmitting DCS Code 043.  If your radio does not have DCS, you can use PL 94.8 to access the repeater, but DCS works better if you have it. The repeater also always transmits DCS 043.

This is a casual informal operation, with repeaters participating from around the world. So expect to hear some strange callsigns throughout the day.

I was hoping to also use the 147.315 (DCS 043) repeater, but that repeater is working so poorly right now, I do not think it will be very useful this year.  I may link the repeater to the network so you can hear it, but its receive performance is very poor.  OTOH, 443.425 is working better than ever, so that is really the place to be.

If you are interested in becoming a regular user of the IRLP repeaters, simply send an empty email message to irlp-info at k9ip.net.  You will get an automated reply back with information and instructions on how to join. There is no charge.

Happy New Year!

--
Dave Gingrich, K9DC
Indianapolis, Indiana USA