[IRCNews] Rotor Help

Don West don-west at att.net
Tue Jun 11 15:04:34 CDT 2019

Hello IRC Members,

Is anyone familiar with repairing a Yaesu G-800SDX rotor or know who might?

When I rotate the antenna, the direction pointer on the control box advances
much faster than the antenna.  When I let up on the rotation button, the
pointer returns to a position close to accurate, but the antenna itself also
backs up some.

Yaesu support suggested either the potentiometer line or the control cable
or the potentiometer itself.  I have continuity on all the cable lines.  I
ordered a new potentiometer, but upon comparing the ohm readings on the new
one to the old one, they are the same.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Don West - W9DEW