[IRCNews] 2010 IRC HILL TOP EVENT

Mark E. Musick markmusick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 13:38:32 CDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

It is two weeks until the registration deadline for groups or individuals
wanting to activate a hill in this year's hill top event.

The hill top event is on Saturday August 28th from 8 AM to 2 PM local time.
Bands/Modes for participation are 2 Meter FM and SSB, 6 Meter FM and SSB and
75 Meter SSB.

So far we only have two hills registered. Last year we had 9 hills
registered for the event.

If you would like to activate a hill please e-mail Mark Musick, WB9CIF at
markmusick at sbcglobal.net or Mike Sercer, WA9FDO at serc1mp at sbcglobal.net
with the hill details.

The rules for this year's event are on the club website
www.indyradioclub.org. There you will find how to register a hill and the
frequencies hills will monitor to make event contacts.

Please pass this information on to anyone you think might want to activate a
hill for this year's event.

If you are not planning to activate a hill or participate with a group
activating a hill, please get on the air and give as many hills a contact on
all the band/mode combinations you can. All contacts made by the hills count
towards their point total in the event.

If anyone has questions about the event or the rules, they can e-mail myself
or Mike at our e-mail addresses above.

73,

Mark Musick, WB9CIF

2010 IRC HILL TOP EVENT CO-COORDINATOR