[IRCNews] Cub Scout "Night at the Museum"

Ken Bandy, KJ9B ken.kj9b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:30:07 CST 2017

As forwarded from Indiana Section Manager, Brent Walls, N9BA:

The U.S.S. Indianapolis Amateur Radio Station will be operating from its
location at the Indiana War Memorial on Saturday January 14, 2017 from about
7:45 PM until 10:00 PM (Local Time) in conjunction with a Cub Scout "Night
at the Museum" event.

This operation will be to expose the scouts to amateur radio as part of
their overnight "camp-in" at the Indiana War Memorial.

We currently have about 40 scouts planning to attend and we are hoping that
we can get all of the scouts who have a desire to on the radio.

We are in need of some operators to work from off-site (Home QTH) to conduct
QSO's with the scouts at the Indiana War Memorial.

The exchanges would be very simple such as the scouts name, age, unit number
etc.

Also, we could use of the help of a couple of operators on-site at the
museum during the same time to work with us at the Memorial.

If you would be able to assist us with this event and the scout program in
any way please let me know at my e-mail address below.

Thanks in advance for you attention and 73!

Stephen S Eltzroth W9SSE w9sse at comcast.net

The proposed repeaters are listed below:

6 Meter Repeater       52.7000 -         No Tone           K9IPL
2 Meter Repeater       146.6700 -       123.0               K9IPL
Primary
2 Meter Repeater       146.7600 -       151.4               K9LPW
Secondary
2 Meter Simplex         146.5200                                 WW2IND
USS Indianapolis Radio
70 CM Repeater         443.7500 +      100.00             K9LPW
Primary