[IRCNews] IRC Field Day - Pictures!

jghammer1 at comcast.net jghammer1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 09:44:01 CDT 2020

Good morning from the Northwoods of Wisconsin!

We want your pictures!

As everyone knows, the IRC will not be doing its own Field Day this year.  I
hope that many of you will find other ways to participate in Field Day even
if it is only for an hour. And don't think Field Day has to be on HF.  For
those of you who are Technicians, rack up those contacts on 6 meters, 2
meters, 70 centimeters and above.  And if 10 meters is open, definitely try
that.  And don't forget, sideband is not just for HF.  Sideband is great for
long distance contacts on 6 meters and 2 meters.  I have been talking to my
Dad at the house on 2 meter sideband using my Yaesu FT-817 on my bike while
I ride the trails up here in Vilas County, WI.

Back to the pictures.  Wherever and however you do Field Day, take some
pictures of you operating.  Then send them to our webpage manager Ronald
"Radar" Cooper WB9DKL - wb9dkl at aol.com <mailto:wb9dkl at aol.com>  with a
filename that explains the picture - be sure to include where you did it.

We will put them on the IRC website to show how we have all adapted Field
Day to the COVID-19 days.

73,

Jeff

N9NIC