[IRCNews] FW: planned test tornado drill on Wednesday March 18th, 2020

Ken Bandy, KJ9B ken.kj9b at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:03:49 CDT 2020

FYI:

-----Original Message-----
From: ARRL Members Only Web site [mailto:memberlist at www.arrl.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 11:56 AM
To: ken.kj9b at gmail.com
Subject: planned test tornado drill on Wednesday March 18th, 2020

All,

The NWS Indiana offices in conjunction with IDHS have decided to cancel
the planned test tornado drill on Wednesday March 18th, 2020. This is
due to numerous reasons related to the COVID-19 virus and sheltering
actions being taken by the public. We do not want to add an extra layer
of anxiety to the ongoing situation. While we feel it is important to
test our communications and safety action plans, we feel it more prudent
right now to focus on the active societal response to the virus. We
apologize for this inconvenience but hope you understand. There are no
plans for a makeup date at this time.

Please notify as many partners and people as possible to get the word
out about the cancellation.

Thanks!
Sam Lashley
Warning Coordination Meteorologist
National Weather Service
6900 W. Hanna Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46241

ARRL Indiana Section
Section Manager: Jimmy L Merry Jr, KC9RPX
kc9rpx at arrl.org