[IRCNews] IRC Field Day

Hammer, Jeff Jeff.Hammer at indy.gov
Wed May 27 15:36:23 CDT 2020

Fellow IRC Members,

Field Day is just one month away.  While it may be scaled back this year, it is still a go at American Legion Post 500 in Speedway.

We are only going to operate two (at most three)  full-time club stations which will include our VHF/UHF station.  Others who want to come and operate mobile in cooperation with our primary stations are more than welcome.  We won't have any dedicated CW or digital stations, but anyone who want to work those modes, feel free to bring your own key, laptop/software, interface.  What I plan on having available is a Kenwood TS-2000, Kenwood TS-50, and Flex-5000.  There will be some type of computer with each station for logging with the N3FJP software and doing digital modes.

What we really need right now is a list of people who are definitely planning to join us at the Field Day Site.  If you are coming, Please reply only to me with either Saturday, Sunday, or both and approximate times.   I will personally have enough radios and antennas there for everyone to operate.  However, if you have a radio or antenna you would to put on the air part of the time, please bring it and we will swap radios in and out.

Hope to hear from many of you,
Jeff
N9NIC
IRC Field Day Coordinator